Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The next level?

I'm supposed to be leaving write now, but you know me and my long blog posts :P.

I did a lot today :) Which is nice :). I really really really want to keep this up.



Here's my ultra crappy warmup. I usually never show these, and actualyl DELETE them...But I'll try to change that from now on.



I was trying to be pro and just start painting...No sketch no nothing...Fail :/



Then I tried painting metal for the first time.
I actually learned a little about how the colours are placed beside each other...But I might want to spend more than an hour on this in the future.






Then a figure that I drew...And it turns out it's the second time I've drawn this photo :P. Oops.
I did it without construction, and it turned out BETTER than I thought it would! :)
Had to fix it a hundred times though...




And then lastly...A mobile suit before bed. Because I love all things mecha. Especially Gundam! He doesn't have arms...So he's sad :(. And when he's sad he does pelvic thrusts. Just like he's doing in the picture.




I feel good about today :).

3 comments:

  1. lol at warmup! you led me to think it'd be some horrible eye melting mess! thats like what every single drawing of mine looks like when I start them hahaha

    Good job on the bell.. like I said it's really hard to get accurate gradients. I like the figure as well but it flattens out in parts (elbow, butt) I think you should keep a stronger mind on perspective :)

    "He doesn't have arms...So he's sad :(. And when he's sad he does pelvic thrusts. Just like he's doing in the picture." OMG you have no idea how much you made me lol... but that is sad lol I feel bad about laughing about it ahaha you have a twisted mind.

    I had an AWESOMELY productive day too thanks to our pact :DDD hoping tomorrow will be even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS a horrible eye melting mess! I'll never understand how some people can just render details out of nothing :o.

    Thanks :) I agree with what you said about keeping the figure in perspective...I have to try harder to remember to do that. For me...When I think of "perspective" I always think of lines and shapes and things like that. Like the mobile suit I drew :P I never remember that figures need to be in proper perspective too D:.

    Hey! If you laughed then that means you have a twisted mind too ;)

    Yeah, I hope tomorrow is even better! Thanks again for making the pact with me :) You're so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevertheless, it's a nice sketch of GM. The hands are gone due to battle damaged. Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete