Tuesday, August 30, 2011

STILL rusty :P

Quick entry tonight, as I'm going to bed soon for SCHOOL tomorrow morning :(.
I can't believe I'm already back in school, it's so time consuming and annoying! D:

Anyway, I lost the crap I did yesterday, and today I could barely keep my eyes open and only got like an hour of practice :(. I'm still really rusty, but I feel like I learned a few things on an eleven minute figure I did today :).
Downside is that the model in the photo was REALLY attractive, and my poor drawing skills didn't do her justice D:.

I'm shaking off the rust though! I'll be back to normal soon :).


3 comments:

  1. Lol I know what you mean, shaking rust off here myself. (painful process!) Hmm but it seems you 'chicken scratch' a lot, that can be fine sometimes, but on quick loose drawings (like the second page) try using more confident lines using the length of your arm. Just try it :D

    Are you still in high school? (because you say you are 18..) college for me is starting mid-september mwahaha :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS a painful process! It makes you never want to let it happen again huh? :P
    I see...I'll really try doing that, thanks :). I'll focus on doing that in today's gesture drawings :).

    Also, for longer poses (5 minutes and over) do you thin it's better to draw the underlying shapes of the human form lightly, and THEN drawing the real form darker over it? That's how I've been doing it...But I know that when pros are doing figure drawing, they just get right in there and draw the person :P.

    Yes, I'm 18 for 8 more days! But no, I'm in college too, and we started on Monday. I'm sooo jealous of you right now! :(
    Thanks for everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you're a month younger than me! :D

    For your question concerning procedure.. there are lots of way to go about it. Mainly there is construction way and observation way. Construction is what you describe, underlying forms (like Loomis's manikin) and building 'onto' the figure. observation is just drawing what you see, and this can be done in many ways too (blocking in limits/boxes/angles then going in, or starting from a 'line of action' like vilpu method) I would suggest to do both observational and constructive, and try lots of methods to see the pros/cons of each. Hope I helped!

    ReplyDelete